This page contains all the relevant scientific publications, artefacts, demos and other outputs of the project.
- Keseru, Imre, Nils Wuytens, and Cathy Macharis. “Citizen observatory for mobility: a conceptual framework.” Transport Reviews (2018): 1-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3281278.3281285
- Jesse Zaman, Kennedy Kambona, and Wolfgang De Meuter. 2018. DISCOPAR: a visual reactive programming language for generating cloud-based participatory sensing platforms. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop on Reactive and Event-Based Languages and Systems (REBLS 2018). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 31-40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3281278.3281285
- Saey, Mathijs, Joeri De Koster, and Wolfgang De Meuter. “Skitter: A DSL for Distributed Reactive Workflows”. In: Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop on Reactive and Event-Based Languages and Systems. REBLS 2018. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2018, pp. 41-50.
- Pierson, Jo & Van Zeeland, Ine (2018). Privacy from a media studies perspective, in: van der Sloot, Bart and de Groot, Aviva (eds.) The handbook of privacy studies: an interdisciplinary introduction, Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 355-382. (ISBN 978 94 6298 809 5)
- Helberger, Natali, Pierson, Jo and Poell, Thomas (2018) Governing online platforms: from contested to cooperative responsibility. In: The Information Society, 34 (1), 1-14. (ISSN: 0197-2243)
- Semanjski, I., Bellens, R., Gautama, S., & Witlox, F. (2016). Integrating big data into a sustainable mobility Policy 2.0 planning support system. SUSTAINABILITY, 8(11)
- Semanjski, I., Lopez Aguirre, A. J., De Mol, J., & Gautama, S. (2016). Policy 2.0 platform for mobile sensing and incentivized targeted shifts in mobility behavior. (A. Zanella & T. Mahmoodi, Eds.) SENSORS, 16(7)
- Semanjski, I., Gautama, S. (2016). Forecasting the State of Health of Electric Vehicle Batteries to Evaluate the Viability of Car Sharing Practices. Energies 2016, 9, 1025; doi:10.3390/en9121025
- Bleumers, L. (2013). Capturing context: Mobile and pervasive game-play in participatory sensing. In K. Mitgutsch, S. Huber, H. Rosenstingl, M. Wagner, & J. Wimmer (Eds.), Context Matters! Exploring and Reframing Games in Context (pp. 168–180). Wien, Austria: New Academic Press
- Saey, Mathijs, Joeri De Koster, and Wolfgang De Meuter. “Skitter: A DSL for Distributed Reactive Workflows”. Poster presented at the conference on Systems, Programming, Languages and Applications: Software for Humanity (SPLASH), 2018
- Nils Wuytens, Imre Keseru, Cathy Macharis. “Can participatory sensing provide a valid input for travel surveys: The FLAMENCO citizen observatory concept” September 2017, at the International Conference on Travel Survey Methods (ISCTS2017), Montreal
- Nils Wuytens, Imre Keseru, Cathy Macharis, Sidharta Gautama. “Analysis of existing experience, results and preliminary guidelines on participatory mobility campaign patterns” on 19-21 May 2016, at the European conference for citizen and participatory science (ESCA 2016), Berlin
- Sarah Talboom (SMIT). “Presentation on engaging citizens in citizen science” on 20 May 2019 at the Scivil Network Event in Technopolis, Mechelen.
- “Beleidsdomein milieu en klimaat” (Policy domain, environment and climate) at the Fix the Mix Study Day on 4 December 2018 at the cultural centre of Sint-Niklaas. https://fietsberaad.be/studiedag-fix-the-mix/
- “Meetcampagnes luchtkwaliteit meet mee mechelen” (Air quality measuring campaigns, measure with us Mechelen) on the Info Evening on Air Quality in Mechelen on 10th October 2018, at the cultural centre of Mechelen
- Gürses, Seda, Özkul, Didem, Pierson, Jo (2018) Production, ownership and control of location data, Panel presentation in Track 1 ‘The Digital Society and Surveillance’ at Amsterdam Privacy Conference 2018 (APC), 8 October, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Pierson, Jo (2018) Addressing privacy and public values in online platforms: future challenges, Paper presentation in Session I ‘Enabling user agency’ in Track 5 ‘Personalized Communication and Behavioural Engineering’ at Amsterdam Privacy Conference 2018 (APC), 5 October, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Pierson, Jo & Milan, Stefania (2018) From privacy by design to empowerment by design: Rethinking (media) innovation vis-a-vis citizen agency. Presentation at ISMI 2018 – International Symposium on Media innovations, 1 September, Oslo, Norway.
- Imre Keseru, Cathy Macharis. “Measurements by the crowd” on 29 October 2017 at the MOBI Seminar 2017, Brussels
- Pierson, Jo & Milan, Stefania (2017) Empowerment by design: Configuring the agency of citizens and activists in digital infrastructure. Presentation at Communication Policy & Technology section for IAMCR Conference ‘Transforming Culture, Politics & Communication: New media, new territories, new discourses’, 17 July 2017, Cartagena, Colombia.
- Imre Keseru, Nils Wuytens, Cathy Macharis. “Campaign patterns for mobility in citizen observatories” on 29 June 2017 at the Mobile Tartu 2016, Tartu
- Imre Keseru, Nils Wuytens, Cathy Macharis. “Participatory sensing for mobility” on 13 October 2016 at the MOBI Seminar 2016, Brussels